Monday, March 12, 2007

Fear or Flowers?

Fears give to us the reasons to not do it
The reasons to not try
The reasons to say I can't
Fears give us to reasons to turn logic into the illogical
To say I have issues with...
To say I don't deserve to have this person, job, or thing
To say I didn't because...
Fears want to take control
To say to us, I am taking a little bit of your life, everyday
And we forget that we can talk back to fear
We can tell it it is not our friend
That fear will make us do things we don't understand
Say things we don't mean
Attach to people for the wrong reasons
We can tell fear it has had enough time to play in my playground
And I am growing to remove the equipment
And plant seeds
I am going to put in flowers and water them
With colors and purpose
Planning and compromise
I am going to water them and speak to them
Listen to music as I weed it
I am go to remind the garden that the heavy equipment on top of it is gone
That the weight of the rusted metals and bent slides are no longer available
Everytime I will want to use fear to stop myself from life
I will go to my garden and see how life grows
How little it needs
And how big we allowed fear to be
Fear is there when we need it
For an excuse to not do something we want
And then one day we won't need it
And the flowers are allowed to grow
For the sums of us are the growths of our souls and the souls of us are the sums of our growths

No comments: