Monday, March 12, 2007

Anyone Home?

We will easily speak that we don't expect anything from anyone
That we could do everything on our own
That we don't need anyone
And then we wonder why we are alone

Thoughts of assumption that no one will help
That no one cares
That we don't need anyone
Should be enough red flags to stop a bull

But no not us, we know everything
Forget instinct, our highest calling
We can control what we know
And it will do what we tell it do...
That is until what we are doing doesn't work out

To let control go is to have control
To let fear go is to release our vulnerabilities
To say I need, is to say, I do not want to be one, but two
To say I care, says that I want to be cared for
To say I don't expect is to say I am not honest with myself

So what if you care?
So what if you need?
So what if you want?
The biggest so what is to not ask for these of yourself, of others

So many of us live with our eyes half open
Trying to outdo ourselves and everyone else
We work hard for what we have and what we do
And then we don't know how to enjoy it

So what if I have a great car and I can't smile?
So what if I have a great home no one visits?
So what, I say to myself, before I fall asleep alone?

Love is so what
Your life is so what
Stop taking life away
Let your eyes open and see the whole picture
Not just the picture you want to see
You see, it is not that we believe what we see that is so important
It is to see what you believe, and the more you believe, the more you have to see

No comments: