Monday, November 05, 2007

The Music Of Love

One day we wake up singing
A song to a happy tune
Without a prompt or a reason
Without music or noise
Only the excitement of seeing you

Today we are getting married
Saying Yes to each other
without further ado

Love is the trail we followed
Learned each other in safety and grew
Let our ugly find itself, showed it to you
You said, Hey that's OK
I am still here for you

I learned me through you
You told me the truth
You speak to me, it is not only you
It is you and me, and we are two

There is strength in numbers
When the two are in truth
Someone to say to you
this works for me too

Love is not a show
or does it come with a map
Love's design is to teach us
And build life without holes, without traps

It is a place of safety
To speak that I am still OK
Even when I don't feel like it
Even when I am too tired to see my way

One of us is always leading
Learned partnership that way
Each day is an open conversation
Of all we can share and build, a story page by page

Nothing comes all at once
It would leave us dry and bored
Love comes in surprises
Of all we thought it could not be
Love is the surprise of our souls
When it show me, me

The more I can see of me
The more I find in you
The treasures of us as people
And adding the love in there too
Thank you for saying
when you do this it hurts me
It made me see you
and you taught me to care
As you show me how you care for you
I have learned to care for me

I find that the more I learn
I more I understand you
The greater my challenges
that eliminate the feelings of something I can not say

You opened the door of my soul
With your openness to me
You teach me to be
Without trying to be better than me

I realize there is nothing you could want
Other than to tell me the truth
I realize there is nothing I can give
Other than my purity to you

Love is invisible
Yet it is felt in its strength
It is the bond we can not see
Yet the bond of everyday
Love is not a person, a place or a thing
Love is my emotion, that I bring to each day
Love is my compass of where I go, and where I stay
Love is the open ended answer

As many questions as it presents
It is those very questions
Whose answers are fought for
And learned of
That teaches my soul
Its one main purpose
To love, honor, and live
In today, in the present

I stand before myself in completeness
As I see it in you
No fear in growing further
No lines drawn in the sand
No more saying what if....
It is here that I stand
I stand for us
The "us" we have become
The world that we built
With those that we love
The house that we fill
With our everyday of thoughts
The home that we carry
Everywhere we go

Love is not physical
You have taught me
Thank you, my love
My love's freedom
That I have come to see
Thank you, my love
We are an "us"
And still a "you" and a "me"

To purchase your copy of the newly released book, "Origins of Truth", please visit Nadia Khalil's website at www.originsoftruth.com

To listen to a podcast of this posting, click on the link below or visit Nadia's Podcast at http://pjbosc.podbean.com

No comments: