Friday, October 19, 2007

Your Soul Is Not Your Body

We are trying to tell the world that our body is our soul
We found ways to fill our bodies
Change our bodies
Keep our bodies from aging
Dressing younger or older depending on what we are trying to accomplish

And then if someone is disabled we think they are less or need more help than us
And if they are sick we get scared because it could be us
And if they are dressed 'better' than us we actually think they are 'smarter' than us
And a bigger house only reminds us that we are not as 'successful'

Yet, I am writing this and if you didn't know me, you wouldn't know anything about me
All you would hear are my words,
You would feel my feelings for a moment of your life
You would share the love I feel in writing this, as I am writing it

Love doesn't look like anyone
Love isn't meant only for some
Love isn't meant to be looked for
Or "learned" how to be
Love is open and free
Love doesn't have eyes or ears
Love only has feelings and instinct
Love protects all that comes our way
When we know enough about its freedom to let it

I found by writing that my soul is not my body
My heart is my soul
My body is just the way I get around
And everyone else too
Your body is the car of your soul
It takes your intentions, your thoughts, and it drives them into action
Your body will do anything your soul will ask of it
But your soul can not do anything your body asks of it

I remember most, that I always remember, what it felt like when I left someone
More than what we looked like or where we were
We leave with the emotions
That is why at times when we are not dressed and our guard is down,
Those days, they seem to be the best days we have
We are exempt from the race to be anything
Did you notice you are least shy when you are most open?

We can take a lesson from those of us whose bodies can not do what we do,
And still they are happy
Their secret is the truth of their soul's exposed
And we too, can learn
To let the body be a part of us and include our soul
It does not have to be one or the other, we simply can understand our purpose better
When we let the truth of us show itself, rather than expecting our love from the outside in

No one can ever walk away from an open heart
Truth is a magnet for its strength
And truth wears no masks!

Purchase your copy of the newly released book, "Origins of Truth" by Nadia Khalil Bradley at her website www.originsoftruth.com

Listen to or download a Podcast of this posting at www.pjbosc.podbean.com

No comments: