Monday, May 21, 2007

My Broken Window

Today was a good day
Not everything I wanted to happen happened
My car got hit by a baseball
And now I have no back window
I couldn't believe it
I walked around and everyone in the field was looking at me
Waiting for my reaction
To see what I would do
What was I to do?
I was the owner of the lucky car
That all the kids would remember forever
That the boy who hit the foul ball
Shattered a car window
And it brought everyone together
Just to talk about it
Even the one's that don't talk so much
Out of amazement and shock
Laughing nervously thanking God it wasn't their car
And the manager of the home team ran up to me
And give me the news that they are insured and I will be taken care of
And the boy that hit my car didn't have to feel so bad
My broken window joined together two teams, all their parents and the kids memories forever
My broken window gave me the eyes to see
My broken window made the world clearer to me

No comments: