Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Lie and The Truth


Lie: Hello Truth, tell me about yourself

I am The Lie

I am the opposite of you


Truth: I am here all the time

And sometimes no one can see me

I stand out in a crowd and people walk around me

I am present at every meeting

And no one talks about me

I am in every conversation

Without mention at times

I feel unloved and do not get much attention at all

To tell you the truth, at times I am jealous of you lie

People get excited when they talk about you, at least for a moment


Lie: Yes, but it makes them feel bad and then they don't like me so much


Truth: But at least you get honorable mention in political events


Lie: Yes, but then they write about me in the papers the next day and they question me


Truth: Oh...And then what?


Lie: Then the person who is found out gets in trouble

And then they say they want nothing to do with me

They say they hate me because I make them hate themselves


Truth: Hate?


Lie: Yes, I have to use that word

I hear it all the time


Truth: Well, I guess not being talked about or mentioned isn't so bad

At least when they find out about me it solves things


Lie: Yes, and you get to stay who you are, Truth

When they find out about me, they deny they ever knew me

They try to make up stories and they throw me to the wind

Some die by me, but they are fewer and fewer

since they claim their heads feel better without me


Truth: Oh...I have nothing left to say...The truth is, you can't change me

I am what I am, and I never really change

All I wanted was some recognition

Now I feel like I don't need it so much

I am already happy

I guess I just wanted to be remembered


Lie: Oh, Truth, they will remember you,

They have to

Otherwise no one would sleep or enjoy their meals

No one would have friendships or partners of any kind

A child wouldn't have anyone to talk to without you

Truth you serve a purpose

When people find out about you, they can't live without you

Being a lie is just a lie

I am not really here

I just think I am

I am not real and nothing about me is

You are stronger than me

You last longer than me

Thank you truth, now I can rest

I will try not to let others use me so much

I think it is your turn now so we can undo the troubles that I did

I think I can change my ways

I want to be like you

I love you truth


No comments: