Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oversexed and Underloved

As we walk around all day and all we could think of
Is who we love, if only they loved us, How we can love someone more or less
We dress to attract
We watch movies that are themed in sex even if it isn't the topic
We drive by strip clubs, bars, billboards of complete communication that you may find love because of a product
We work out our bodies, eat certain foods, stand at the sunset, go to the beach
We listen to music all in one way or another are about happy love, sad love, misguided love or lost love

We strive for love
Look for love
Dress for love
Drive for love
Our house is to show how we love
Our car is show our worth of love
Our conversations say we are alluring enough to know for love
Our loneliness tells us we must fight for love

And then we find another to love
And we are still bombarded with the stimulus to love
All around us
And as time goes on we think, now we can do better at love
Not this person or that
Not this car
Not this house

I want new, new, new
I want to feel new at love
I don't want to try at love
I already know this person
I want to start over and know another person
That special feeling of love is gone

It is not gone
It is you that is gone
It is you that stopped giving, receiving, sharing
It is you that decided you would rather start again than to learn to be on the "other" side of love

The side that takes you beyond sex
The side that says I have been here and I found out this person really is beautiful when they are loved
that I feel beautiful to be loved with calmness around me
that I don't need the drama's to prove I am loved
I don't need to flirt around to prove I am worthy of love
I don't need to Use anyone else to feel loved
That I could accept love to me

When you want to run away from another and start again
It could be you that it is meant to move on that you understand this isn't the depth of love you know you can feel
You usually know that right away and stop dating
Yet if you have been with someone for a long time and you loved them deeply
Then you do love them
It is not that they are bad because you already know them
Discover them as they are known
Live in their worth of themselves as you discover your own worth
take life on with them as though they are new

You see they are new
New to themselves
New to others
And new to you if you can see it that way

We tend to take away the beauty when we get edgy within ourselves
Sometimes we don't feel we deserve love so we look for sex to tell us we are loved
Sex and love have very little to do with each other these days

Sex is an act you can do with anyone and not even know their name
Love is a feeling that carries you in all of life, starting with first knowing your parents to everything else you know through out life
Sex is a stimulant and a beautiful thing
Yet we all find out in life if you are having sex with out love you can leave a room emptier than when you walked into it
For men sex is a notch
A proof positive that he is alive and vital
And for women sex is a proof of being loved and accepted

Sex is neither of those things
Sex is love's truth
Sex is loves sharing
Sex is the closest way to commit your intimacy to yourself and another

And we have taken sex and used it
we use sex to sell everything from gum to newspapers
We use sex to say we are worth something
We use sex to hurt others
We use sex to hurt ourselves
It is paid for
It is bought
It is sold
It is non discriminatory to children in ways most of us couldn't conceive

And we found out that sex is special when it is with someone special
It is even better when we are committed to another in a way that we don't commit anywhere else
We are meant to be partners, not alone
And yet we are not truly meant to have many at once
It is confusing at best
And the jealousy's and arguments, status of who is more important and more love would never end
Sex is the gift of love
We simply realize that sex is a gift period
We forget the love part
Yet without it sex is oversold and over rated
It is a picture or a way we are supposed to act

Sex is a part of life
A release and expression
A fast moment at times
A slow day at other times
Sex is the story of our hearts
And we write that story
And it will become what we look for
When we settle our love settles and our sex feels like nothing
And when we look for love we find that love carries sex, like the love of life carrying us
WE are free to understand other things once we can say sex is beautiful from heart
And until we can say that and understand who we are in love and sex
We will look for it until we do
that is why we have so many lookers and trying souls
they want to find it, live in it's secrets and grow to greater depths of life
that is the treasure at the end of the rainbow
And that is when you find out the glory of any rainbow is seeing the colors in it
And the treasures present themselves along the way

Sex is over sold
And we can change that in a minute
We can say, I want to know people
I want to know myself
Enough to feel that my truth is present when the rest of me is
I don't have to "present" myself
If I "present myself" then I will only meet someone else who is "presenting" themselves
If I am me, I will find someone who is them
And then I could ask for what I want and need and I can grow and learn
If I am selling, I will only find someone who is buying
And If I am buying, I will always know I can return or exchange

I no longer want to play buying and selling
I want to feel love, and learn to accept it in heart not in body a lone
I no longer want to be underloved as I have underloved myself for a long time
I want love and as I have the energy of wanting love, I am sure to know it when I see it
It is usually the love I have been passing by, as I was looking for sex
I won't stop short at sex anymore, i will only continue to look for love anyway
I will look for love and know that when I can see love in others, it is when I have found it in myself

No more waiting for someone to notice
People notice those who notice themselves
In politeness to life, to others and to life again
Everyone is attracted to the beauty of feeling loved, I don't care who they are
Attract yourself to love and love will not let you forget it is there
It will only grow you in teaching you how to work with it without fear of it
I say over and over again
It is not what YOU would do in any situation of life
Keep asking yourself
What would LOVE do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.