Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Days

Daddy doesn't know that I notice everything he does
His ways become mine
His thoughts are my first

His heart is open to me
Even when it closes the door to everything else
He reminds me that he cares about me
Even when he is not sure how to care for himself

Daddy doesn't know that I love him without question
We don't tell Dad's as much
It isn't what people do

Dad I love you
I love when you barbecue
I love when you give me a ride
Even when I act like you have to

I miss the moments when I really wanted to listen to you
And I thought you just didn't want me to do something, I can't remember now what it was
I thank you for the moments you took the time
To just let me know how things go
So that I would know
No credits, no accolades
Just love and caring

Thank you Dad, you are more than a man who takes care of his family
You taught me to take care of mine
I now know to keep talking
That kids are listening all the time

The foresight of knowing
What is yet to come
Is the love of a Dad
That is second to none

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.